UK:E are recruiting a AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) Inspector for our facility in Royton, Lancashire.
General Description / Main Duties
This position operates the AOI machine and reviews machine identified defects for accuracy. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive off working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a variety of assemblies. UK Electronics will offer any specific training to the right candidate.
- Review AOI inspection for accurate, consistent detection of SMT paste, component placement and solder joint defects.
- Load programs as per documentation.
- Complete fault report logs as and when required.
- Ability to recognise problems in the operation process or with components and to report the error to the machine operator for correction.
- Using a variety of inspection aids, inspect populated printed circuit boards and identify component misplacement and solder defects to IPC-A-610 standards.
- Quality control and part identification experience.
- Soldering experience toward IPC-J-STD-001 is beneficial.
- Knowledge of SMT components is essential.
- Quality is key, as is attention to detail.
- Must show knowledge and / or skill in operating the equipment used within this area.
- Basic PC Knowledge is required.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and understand work routers, assembly drawings, component identification and component polarity.