UK Electronics seek a Business Development Manager.
A rare opportunity for someone with wide experience in the electronics industry to work with an ambitious company enjoying an upward growth trajectory. The salary is negotiable dependent upon experience and ability.
UKE was incorporated in 1983 and operates from premises in Royton, Lancashire, currently employing in excess of 80 people.
We offer a variety of services to our customers, including, but not limited to:
- PCB assembly covering both Surface Mount & Through hole.
- Mechanical assembly & Box build.
- Wiring assemblies.
- Electronics & Cad design.
- On site EMC testing.
We have over 35 years’ experience in managing sub-contract assemblies for customers both large & small. We currently supply to over 150 customers including some household names and service all sectors including medical, defence and rail.
We currently hold ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO13485 (Medical) & RISQS (Rail) accreditations.
Our capabilities range from one-off prototypes to high volume runs. We work hard to offer all our customers the same level of expertise, attention to detail & quality to ensure that we build upon the relationship to ensure that we continue to work together in the future.
For more information about UK Electronics please visit www.ukelectronics.co.uk.
JOB PURPOSE: Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships. Growing and advertising the business is the primary role of the Business Development Manager.
- Establish and follow up new business opportunities and set up meetings.
- Communicate new developments to prospective and existing clients.
- Create a weekly and monthly sales report for the Directors.
- Provide management with feedback regarding all new leads and quotation requests with expected timescales.
- Identify ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate or propose potential business by contacting potential customers; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Develop strategic ideas or proposals to make the company successful and increase revenue.
- Acquire an extensive comprehension of present market trends and developments, network with clients, conduct presentations of new proposals, negotiate and make deals after consultation with the Directors.
- Identify industry openings.
- Attend monthly sales meeting.
- Deliver products as and when required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to whilst in the office i.e. ensure walkways are left clear, all fire exits are accessible, individual working areas are clean and tidy and safe working practices are followed.
- Protect the organisations value by keeping information confidential.
- Complete all tasks to high standards whilst following ISO guidelines.
- Follow all of the policies and procedures set out in the UKE Employee Handbook.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous sales experience in electronics and contract manufacturing is essential.
- Candidate must be computer literate and be able to work under own initiative.
- Skills required: closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, negotiation skills, high-quality networking skills, sales planning, selling to the customer’s needs, territory management, market knowledge, presentation skills, energy level, superior interpersonal skills, meeting sales goals and professionalism.
- Candidate must have both excellent numeric and literary capabilities.
- Candidate must have effective development, plus excellent methodical, tactical and sales skills.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for having overall responsibility for business growth. This is done by developing customer awareness of the businesses services and identifying new business partners and customers. They should possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be able to lead and motivate a team. The ability to produce presentations and business proposals is also an essential skill. Search engine optimisation skills are also required as well as thorough knowledge of marketing techniques.
- On-site parking
- Company car
- Work from home opportunities