UK Electronics are recruiting! We are looking to recruit a Costing / Quotes Assistant in Royton, Lancashire.
We are seeking an experienced Quote Administrator. This position requires the successful candidate to coordinate the preparation of quotes in accordance with customer requests (RFQ’s) for electronics assembly services. Primarily you will be responsible for preparing the component element of quotes using current pricing, including calculating excess charges based on min/max buys, carriage, etc.
You will need to analyse bills of materials, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to complete quote packages, utilising standard quote models and templates.
The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge and working background in PCB manufacturing, a technical understanding of components, and have excellent customer service skills and supplier relations skills including negotiating best pricing.
General Description / Main Duties
- Ensure continual improvement of quoting process.
- Obtain and review customer documentation for accuracy, completeness, and manufacturability.
- Data entry of customer parts and bills of materials.
- Generate turnkey quotations, including, material costs, and lead times.
- Ensure data is complete, accurate, and meets customer requirements.
- Drive quote start, creation, and submission to customer with the appropriate Manager/Director.
- Respond to internal turn round targets, customer expectations, and customer feedback.
- Provide quotations to new and existing customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to i.e. ensure walkways are left clear, all fire exits are accessible, individual working areas are clean and tidy and safe working practices are followed.
- Complete all tasks to high standards whilst following ISO guidelines.
- Report all non-conformances using fault report sheet. All sheets must be issued to Line Supervisors for processing.
- Follow all of the policies and procedures set out in the UKE Employee Handbook.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Electronics manufacturing process knowledge.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines.
- Electronic component experience.
- Ability to read bill of materials.
- Ability to source alternatives.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
All applicants to apply to email@example.com or use the form below.