UK Electronics are hiring a SMT Inspector to work at our facility in Royton, Lancashire.
General Description / Main duties:
- Manual SMT board inspection.
- Be able to identify unacceptable solder joints and rework them using tools provided.
- Board modification and rework skills to SMT components is essential and you will need to be able to show evidence of this throughout the interview process in form of a solder and medication test.
- Hand SMT soldering.
- Hand placement of components from 0201 through to QFN’s and similar.
- Report all non-conformances using fault report sheet. All sheets must be issued to Line Supervisors for processing.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to i.e. ensure walkways are left clear, all fire exits are accessible, individual working areas are clean and tidy and safe working practices are followed.
- Follow all of the policies and procedures set out in the UKE Employee Handbook.
- Complete all tasks to high standards whilst following ISO guidelines.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- A very good knowledge of components is essential.
- Good soldering and rework skills are critical.
- IPC610 training would be beneficial.
To apply please submit your CV to Martin Ainsworth.